How to Join LaSQC
Hospitals that are interested in participating in the LaSQC Surgical Checklist Safety initiative should complete a Facility Participant Agreement/Commitment Letter. You will immediately join a growing network of community and academic hospitals—large and small, rural and urban—committed to improving healthcare quality and value. Because of generous contributions by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana (BCBSLA) and the LHA Foundation, the cost of participation will be very reasonable. Contact Angela Lockhart when your hospital is ready to sign a letter of commitment and for fee details. If you are not ready to move forward with a signed agreement but would like to learn more about the collaborative, contact Dr. Floyd “Flip” Roberts.
Hospital/Facility Participant Benefits
LaSQC offers both hospital participants and their affiliated clinicians and staff a wide range of opportunities for education, innovation, and general quality improvement.* Activities include the following:
- Updates on the latest evidence-based practices, as well as support and resources for implementing these best practices;
- In-person kick-off and wrap-up events;
- Hospital site visits, when applicable, to assist with implementation of evidenced-based practices;
- Educational opportunities via webinars, in-person meetings and coaching calls during the course of the project; and
- Data support, including for collection and analysis, and feedback.
*All activities are subject to available resources, funds, and data from data providers and shall be determined at the sole discretion of the LAPS PSO.